Building a Sustainable Farmer Webinar Series
This fall, PEIFA Farm Safety put on a collection of health-related webinars encouraging sustainable practices for your farm’s most valuable asset; YOU!
The webinar series was created to address the current mental and physical health of farm workers in the province. A focus on mental health highlighted how to spot symptoms of stress or illness and provided coping mechanisms that could be easily adapted to routine life. Other important health concerns that could be work altering conditions were also highlighted so that everyone can work in a safe environment. The ultimate goal was to provide participants with new and alternative options for managing their health and that of their employees, so that they could remain productive, safe members of the farming community for years to come. You are your farms most valuable asset!
Click on the speakers name for a bio and click on the topic title for information on that webinar.
- Farmer Tim: Farmer Welfare
- Shawn Foubert: Massage Therapy and the Farmer; The Benefits of Self Care
- Laura MacDonald: PEI Smoking Cessation Program
- Maureen MacPhee: Fatigue on the Farm; Are you getting enough Sleep?
- Kim Hyndman-Moffat: Recognizing and Responding to People at Risk – Learning to Address the Issue of Suicide
- Frank Bulger: Farmer Assistance Program; A Mental Health Resource for Farmers
- Krista Campbell: Hear now, Hear later
- Adam MacDonald: “Canada House Clinics- A Clinical Approach to Medical Cannabis”
All webinars have been recorded and will be uploaded to our YouTube channel at a future date. Please stay tuned for these videos.
SUPPORTED BY A GRANT FROM THE WCB GRANT PROGRAM OF THE WORKERS COMPENSATION BOARD OF PEI