The PEI Federation of Agriculture along with the Workers Compensation Board of PEI has developed a Hazard and Risk Assessment workshop as a project funded through the Canadian Agricultural Safety Association.
This project was developed to assist farmers and employees identify hazards and risks on the farm in hopes of reducing workplace injury and improving overall safety for workers.
Included is a presentation on how to:
- Distinguish between a hazard and risk;
- How to identify hazards and risks on the farm;
- Ranking hazards;
- Control measures;
- Record keeping.
Also included are sample hazard and risk assessments along with printable worksheets for on farm record keeping.
Sample assessments include:
- Operating a Tractor PDF Editable Word
- Grain and Silage Handling PDF Editable Word
- Hiring inexperienced workers PDF Editable Word
- Livestock handling and care PDF Editable Word
- Repairing and maintaining equipment PDF Editable Word
Should you have any questions developing a hazard and risk assessment for your farm please contact Crystal Fullerton the PEI Federation of Agriculture office to arrange for a workshop at your farm.