The PEI Federation of Agriculture along with the Workers Compensation Board of PEI has developed a Hazard and Risk Assessment workshop as a project funded through the Canadian Agricultural Safety Association.
This project was developed to assist farmers and employees identify hazards and risks on the farm in hopes of reducing workplace injury and improving overall safety for workers.
Included is a presentation on how to:
- Distinguish between a hazard and risk;
- How to identify hazards and risks on the farm;
- Ranking hazards;
- Control measures;
- Record keeping.
Also included are sample hazard and risk assessments along with printable worksheets for on farm record keeping.
Sample assessments include:
- Operating a tractor;
- Grain and silage handling;
- Hiring inexperienced workers;
- Livestock handling and care;
- Repairing and maintaining equipment.
Should you have any questions developing a hazard and risk assessment for your farm please contact Charlotte Crooks the PEI Federation of Agriculture office to arrange for a workshop at your farm.