The PEIFA continues to work with service partners to offer training in the following:
- CPR & First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- Livestock Handling
- Tractor Safety
There are a variety of online courses that can be beneficial to all agricultural businesses. Check out each link to find the ones that apply to you.
ONLINE LEARNING AND E-COURSES
Canadian Agricultural Safety Association (CASA) has many online resources for farmers and several are free. Until September 30, 2020 the following courses are free.
- CASA Tractor & Farm Machinery
- Seasonal Agricultural Workers Health and Safety Orientation
- Dairy Workers Safety Orientation Series
The Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) is a resource for many different online safety programs. There are online e-Courses and classroom courses. Some have fees while others are free. Please check them out for your WHMIS and other safety needs.
Free online e-Courses from CCOHS
- Assembling the Pieces Toolkit
- Being a Mindful Employee: An orientation to Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Business Case for Health and Safety
- Business Case for Workplace Wellness
- Mental Health: Awareness
- Mental Health: Communication Strategies
- Mental Health: Health and Wellness Strategies
- Mental Health: e-Course Package
- Mental Health: Psychologically Healthy Workplaces
- Mental Health: Signs, Symptoms and Solutions
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs): Awareness
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs): Prevention
- Nanotechnology and Health
- Occupational and Environmental Cancer: Recognition and Prevention
- Office Ergonomics
- Orientation on Health and Safety for New Agricultural Workers
- Pandemic Awareness
- Pandemic Planning
- Violence in the Workplace: Awareness
- NEW! WHMIS 2015 An Introduction
Maritime Electric is offering electrical safety presentations to better educate Islanders on the importance of electrical safety at home and at the workplace. Presentations can be booked for your staff or organization through Maritime Electric.
Our Farm Safety Officer is also available to do presentations on a variety of topics relating to farm safety. For further information please contact Crystal Fullerton at 902-368-7289.